There are so many truths coexisting and here are two: two people love each other, some tragic or demonic force poisons the well of that love. Where are you, O God?
Here is the deep underlying truth of our love as music made together speaks to my heart, forming poetry:
The Invitation
Wandering amid the shards of failure, confusion, shame, pain, brokenness
Shafts of light illumine strength, faith, intention
Out of the deep, I have heard you calling:
Come and see
What I have prepared for you
what I have prepared you for
Behold! I, who have created all things, am doing a new thing.
Come and see
And there we stand, before one another.
Disbelief gives way to joy,
Seems to break, fractures as fear, pain, resentment creep in.
We are forced to our knees.
Out of the deep
Voices cry in unison:
Why have you brought us here, O God?
Called to faith
To seek and to open in trust, Love,
That pulsing heart, full of beauty and strength,
Pain and ugliness
To ask and to receive.
Answering the call with voices at once complete and not fully formed
Digging into what seemed the fertile
Ground of being
Found.
Now we wander, lost again.
No comments:
Post a Comment